1. Faculty of Mathematics with the participation of the Institute of Mathematics.
2. Faculty of Physics with the participation of: Institute of Physics; Nhatrang Institute of Technology Research and Application; Hochiminh City Institute of Physics; Institute of Applied Physics and Scientific Instrument; Institute of Materials Sciences; Institute of Applied Materials Science;
3. Faculty of Chemistry with the participation of: Institute of Chemistry; Institute of Applied Materials Science; Institute of Marine Biochemistry; Institute of Tropical Technology; Institute of Oceanography; Institute of Environmental Technology; Institute of Chemical Technology; Nhatrang Institute of Technology Research and Application; Institute of Natural Products Chemistry; Institute of Materials Science; Tay Nguyen Institute of Scientific Research;
4. Faculty of Biotechnology with the participation of: Institute of Biotechnology; Institute of Genome Research; Institute of Tropical Biology; Center for High Technology Development; Institute of Environmental Technology; Nhatrang Institute of Technology Research and Application; Mientrung Institute for Scientific Research; Vietnam National Museum of Nature; Institute of Marine Biochemistry; Institute of Natural Products Chemistry; Tay Nguyen Institute of Scientific Research;
5. Faculty of Materials Science and Energy with the participation of: Institute of Materials Science; Institute of Tropical Technology; Institute of Applied Materials Science; Institute of Energy Science; Center for High Technology Development; Institute of Physics; Institute of Environmental Technology; Institute of Chemical Technology; Nhatrang Institute of Technology Research and Application; Institute of Biotechnology; Hochiminh City Institute of Physics; Institute of Chemistry; Institute of Applied Physics and Scientific Instrument; Institute of Natural Products Chemistry;
6. Faculty of Information Technology and Telecommunication with the participation of: Institute of Information Technology; Institute of Telecommunication Technology; Institute of Applied mechanics and Informatics; Vietnam Space Technology Institute
November 7 th , 2016, according to decision number 5238/Q-BGDT of the Minister of Education and Training, the Graduate University of Science and Technology was licensed to hold academic training activities for M.Sc. program with 14 courses for SY 2016-2017. These courses are part of 4 faculties: Mathematics, Physics, Ecology of resource and Environment, and Chemistry. GUST continues to expand its M.Sc. programs to other faculties in its 2017 plan.
On July 7 th 2015, according to decision 2348/ Q-BGDT of the Minster of Education and training, the GUST was licensed to hold academic training activities for Ph.D. level for SY 2015 - 2016 with 50 courses from the research institutes of VAST.
GUST was tasked by the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology to develop and implement the Post-doctoral (Postdoc) program from 2017 to promote human resources for science and technology at post-doctoral level for the VAST, to meet growth requirements of the Master plan of 2020 and towards 2030 of VAST, approved by the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (Decision 2133/Q-TTg, December 1 st , 2011).
The Postdoc program builds on international standards, combining the post-doctoral human resource training with scientific research activities to encourage and motivate passion in scientific research for young scientists. Through this program, these post-docs are expected to gain knowledge and experience to become research staff of the VAST.
Inheriting the strength and tradition in international cooperation of the VAST with over 50 science and technology organizations worldwide, GUST continues expanding its international cooperation in academic training and research with many international partners such as: Kazan National Research Technological University (Russia), University of Technology, Sydney (Australia), Austria Institute of Technology (Austria), King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (Thailand), University of Science and Technology (Korea). In the near future, GUST plans to sign cooperation agreements with Pusan National University (Korea), University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences (China), Japan Advance Institute of Science and Technology (Japan).
In 2016, GUST officially became a partner in the European ERASMUS project for M.Sc. and Ph.D. training in Earth sciences. This project will promote the modernization and internationalization of the Vietnam education system through creating an international education program, fostering regional integration and intercontinental cooperation, to provide better opportunities for exchange programs in the future.
The Graduate University of Science and Technology (GUST) was founded on September 22 nd, 2014 under Decision number 1691/Q-TTg by the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
GUST is a state-own academic institution, an Organization under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). The founding of GUST is the inheritance of the existing graduate level academic training of the Research Institution System of VAST, bringing it to new heights.
GUSTs main functions are: - Academic training and licensing for Masters and Doctorate in the field of natural sciences and technology under the regulations of the law; - Scientific research combining with education; - Providing consultation on academic training and development of human resources in science and technology. Currently, GUST is holding 50 Ph.D. programs and 14 M.Sc. programs in the fields of natural sciences and technology, belonging to 11 academic faculties. In 2016, the total number of Ph.D. students in training at the GUST is 798.
Based on the resources of equipment, laboratories, scientific staffs rich in academic and research experience, the strength and tradition of international cooperation of VAST with over 50 scientific and technology organizations from all over the world, GUST aims to become a postgraduate academic university accredited in Vietnam and internationally with the goal to raise quality talents and human resources for the science and technology advancement of the country. GUST focuses on building international cooperation program to raise the quality of academic training on par with international standards, associating training with scientific research activities of VAST.