The North-Caucasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (State Technological University) was established in 1931. It includes 12 faculties: Mining and Geology, Metallurgy; Electrical Engineering; Architecture and Engineering, Electronic equipment; Information technologies; Food productions; Economics; Law; Faculty of Distance study; the Faculty of Vocational Training and Further Education; Faculty of pre-university training. The faculties are united by 46 chairs. The Faculty of pre-university training provides the system, of “ Junior Academies” for students in different fields.
There are currently over 6000 students studying at the Institute, including foreign citizens from 16 countries from all over the world. A special intensive course of Russian as a foreign language has been developed at the Faculty of pre-university training. The Faculty is equipped with 2 modern language laboratories, which facilitates the process of studying Russian.
The staff of the Institute amounts to 500 people, 80% of which are professors, Candidates and Doctors of Sciences.
The territory of the Institute within the campus amounts to 14 hectares. The total area
of buildings and constructions is more than 84 thousand sq.m.
The Institute has 122 educational laboratories, a sports centre with an indoor swimming pool and a football pitch, a canteen per 760 students, a dormitory per 500 students. The University also owns a mountain sports camp in Tsey Gorge.
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Institut für Bergbau und Spezialtiefbau
Tatsiana Piliptsevich (MBA, M.Sc.)
Koordinatorin des Projektes MINERAL
Gustav-Zeuner Straße 1a